Compete at the highest level
Arsenal is our most competitive level of program participation. For players and families, it is a lot of fun and also a significant time and financial commitment.
Teams compete in the MYSA (Montana Youth Soccer Association) League and participate in competitive tournaments around the western United States.
Arsenal teams have a history of success on and off the playing field and have represented Helena proudly in numerous USYS Region IV Championship tournaments.
Ages : 11U-14U (Fall & Spring), 11U-19U (Spring)
Commitment Level :
- Very High
- Indoor Winter Practices start in Jaunuary for Spring season (voluntary)
- Season Practices 2 to 4 times per week
- Weekend matches on Saturdays
- Significant Travel
- 2 to 3 Tournaments on both weekend days (12U usually attends 1 overnight Tournament)
- Parents may be asked to fill these roles at a team meeting:
- Team Manager
- Recommended Volunteer time for HYSA hosted tournaments
- Recommended Participation in HYSA fundraisers
Suggested Experience :
- Minimum of 1 year Academy soccer or previous higher level playing experience
Season Length :
- Pre-Season: 4 months
- Regular Season: usually 2 to 3 months
- Spring: pre-sesaon training starts in January, regular season traing and matches in April through June
- Spring: compete in the MYSA State Cup
- Fall: training in August with regular season through October
Team Types for State Registration :
- Fall 11U-12U $175 Registration Tryout Fee is deducted from total fee if player makes team.
- Fall 13U-14U $195 RegistrationTryout Fee is deducted from total fee if player makes team.
- Spring 11U - U12 fee: $395 Registration and Tryout Fee is deducted from total fee if player makes team.
- Spring 13U - 19U fee: $405 Registration and Tryout/Placement Fee is deducted from total fee if player makes team.
- TRYOUT FEE is deducted once from a program. If a player plays Fall, the Fall fee would be reduced by the Tryout fee, if then plays Spring will pay the total Spring fee.
- PUMA Uniform (if needed) from Play On Soccer $89.90 2 jerseys,2 shorts, 2 socks
- Additional tournament fees, determined by team
- Overnight hotel stays, determined by team
- Travel expenses for away games (gas and food) personal expenses
- Coach travel reimbursement an additional cost split by team
What is covered by the Registration Fee ? :
- Player secondary medical insurance
- Coaching stipends (Not Travel Expenses)
- Coaching education expenses
- Equipment (pinnies, cones, goals, nets, etc.)
- Game balls for team
- Referee fees
- Entrance into MYSA State League
- Entrance into MYSA State Cup (U13+) or Showcase Cup (U11- U12) (spring only)
- Entrance into Arsenal Invitational Tournament (Spring)
- Entrance into Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic Tournament(Fall)
- Field maintenance expenses (mowing, fertilization, aeration, irrigation, line painting, weeding, etc.)
- Administrative expenses
- 12U to 14U
- Players attend tryouts in the Spring prior to the season and are placed on teams accordingly (U12 teams are split evenly).
- More Information on Tryouts
- 15U to 19U
- More Information on Placement
Teams are led by experienced and licensed United States Youth Soccer coaches.
- Pass background checks
- Pass a Concussion awareness test provided by the CDC
- Minimum of an F grade license with US Soccer
- Further licensing is required based on level of team and years coaching
HYSA provides a stipend and the team provides travel reimbursement for their coach(es).
Team Managers :
Each team requires a volunteer manager to provide regular team communication, communicate times and locations of practices and matches, help determine and register for Tournament attendance, and collect team fees.
Team Referees :
Each team is required to have available at least one Referee at the level of Assistant Referee.